This is the Full-featured, Nitrox capable Aeris Manta Dive Computer
perfect as a low-profile primary instrument or a back-up. The MANTA is a powerful and versatile new sports watch, ideal for divers, free divers and those that just want to look like one. A unique combination of quality, function and style, the MANTA is perfect on its own or as a backup to any of our other Dive Computer models.
This incredible machine features:
- Air, Nitrox, Gauge and Free Dive Modes
- Audible and Visual Alarms with User Acknowledgment
- Adjustable safety stop time and depth
- Optional ACI PC Download and Settings Upload Software and USB Cable
- Diver-Replaceable Battery
- Rugged, light and priced right. Watch style computer is nitrox-capable
up to 50%. Press one button and you are into air, nitrox, gauge or free dive mode.
Don't worry if you forget, they automatically activate when you hit the water. Test divers found the main screen easy to read
with just the most important info offered (depth, no-deco limit, bottom time, and nitrogen loading bar graph) while
alternate screens fill in the rest of the details. Test divers found the display "very clear and easy to read". After a dive,
the Manta display's surface time for 10 minutes before going back to watch mode.
- Liberal. The Aeris Manta uses a modified Haldanean algorithm that doesn't restrict your bottom time. It has a Conservative Factor option,
allowing you to reduce your no-deco limits to that of the next 3,000-foot altitude setting.
- Owner's manual. The manual is exceptional, earning praise from test divers for ease of use and understanding. The book carefully walks you through every
step and setting with the screen card to answer those questions that come up only after you're dripping wet.
- Bottom Line. For an entry-level computer or use as a backup gauge, you can't do any better than this compact instrument. It is easy to operate, easy to read,
and easy to the pocket with the lowest retail price of those tested.
- Advanced Free Dive Mode: The Manta provides accurate depth and time with an amazing 1-second sampling rate for subsequent PC download and analysis. Dive Time is displayed in seconds and minutes. Custom audible alarms include Elapsed Dive Time, Countdown Timer and (3) Independent Max Depth Alarms. The Manta is the first Free Diving Computer to calculate and track Nitrogen Tissue Loading, allowing you to switch between SCUBA dives and Free Dives on the same dive day.
- Advanced Wristwatch Functions: The Manta is an advanced digital wristwatch featuring a 1/100 second chronograph (stopwatch) with lap timer, 24 hour countdown timer, daily alarm, alternate time zone with date, 12/24 hour clock, and OceanGlo® Backlight.
- Dive Time Remaining: Dive Time Remaining provides a 'real' number in minutes, considering Nitrogen and Oxygen absorption, and automatically displays whichever allows less time.
- Oversized Digits:Take the AERIS challenge: When shopping for a new dive computer, compare the displays. When it comes to viewing critical information, which would you rather see at 100 feet?
- Audible Alarms with Flashing LED Warning Light: The Manta features a variety of system and user-customized audible alarms, alerting you to situations that pose a potential danger, or simply serve as a convenient reminder.
- Audible Alarm Acknowledgement™: Have you ever had difficulty hearing your computer's audible alarm? Perhaps that little beep signifying a potentially dangerous situation was timed perfectly with your exhaust bubbles rushing past your ears. Or maybe it seemed insignificant as that huge manta ray soared overhead. You won't miss the Manta's audible alarm. Once triggered, the alarm will sound continuously for 10 seconds. We know what you're thinking. "That's nice, I'll definitely hear the alarm, but isn't that going to annoy me and everyone else in the water?" We thought of that too. The alarm's job is to get your attention so that you look at the computer. Once it does that, simply press the button and it will stop. You're a responsible diver and the Manta treats you that way.
- Air or Nitrox: The Manta acts simply as an 'Air' computer until you tell it otherwise, whether that is this weekend or 2 years down the road.
- AERIS Personal Dive Computer Algorithm: Decompression theory can be trusted only as far as it has been demonstrated by actual test dive data. In 1987 a unique series of experiments were conducted by Diving Science and Technology (DSAT). Commissioned by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), these Doppler ultrasound monitored human experiments conducted by Dr. Michael Powell produced the most comprehensive data set that exists for recreational divers to this day. These data were used to validate the PADI Recreational Dive Planner and are the basis of the algorithm used in all AERIS Personal Dive Computers (PDCs).
- Personal Conservative Factor Adjustment: When the Conservative Factor is set On, the no-decompression limit times are reduced to values equivalent to those that would be available at the next higher 3000 foot (915 meter) altitude.
- "The Ultimate Adjustable Algorithm": That's the way divers, instructors and Authorized Dealers refer to AERIS PDCs. Our tissue loading bar graphs provide complete control of your margin of safety for each dive. Want to be a bit more cautious? Make it a personal rule to never enter into the caution zone; or stay one or more pixel away. Now you can even program several of our PDCs to do it for you with our patent pending Nitrogen Bar Graph Alarm; set it once and let the Manta alert you when your bar graph reaches that level.
- No Deco Safety Stop Prompt with Adjustable Depth and Time: An audible and visual alarm remind you as you approach your programmed no decompression safety stop depth and an automatic timer counts down to zero. As in any other dive mode, you still have access to other pieces of information, and there is no penalty should you choose to disregard the safety stop.
- FastSet User Interface: Speed through menu items and set modes easily and quickly with AERIS' FastSet Menu and intuitive button operation.
- Date and Time Stamp: The Manta features time of day on the surface as well as underwater for quick reference. Time and date stamp also helps you to easily identify specific dives in Log Mode or PC download memory.
- Alphanumeric Display: An alphanumeric "Message Box" is incorporated in the upper portion of the Manta display to provide text and numeric readouts in simple, unambiguous terms. Imagine beginning an ascent and as the ascent speed increases hearing a warning beep from the Manta as the message box alerts with the words "TOO FAST" while the red LED warning light flashes.
- Automatic Altitude Compensation: The Manta automatically compensates for altitude dives up to 14,000 feet, giving adjusted no-decompression times and depths. The Manta even automatically recalibrates the depth displays for freshwater instead of seawater above 2,000 feet.
- Diver-Replaceable Battery: The Manta features a diver replaceable battery. This can be a real trip-saver on board a live-aboard boat!
- Battery Hot Swap: Should you be in a tight spot between dives, the "hot-swap" feature allows you to change batteries between dives while maintaining all calculations.
- 24-Hour Fly Countdown and Calculated Desaturation Time: The Manta features both a 24-hour countdown timer and calculated Desaturation Time, the theoretical time required to off-gas all residual nitrogen at sea level.
- Depth-Dependent Ascent Rate: The Manta features a depth-dependant ascent rate, allowing increased rates at deeper depths and providing additional safety as you near the surface.
- Backlight with User Defined Duration: The Manta features an intense bluish green light that illuminates the entire dial of the computer evenly at the push of a button. The backlight may be activated either on the surface, or underwater and remains on for button depression time plus the duration that you choose.
- 24 Dive On-Unit Log Book: The Manta features on-unit data storage capacity for 24 dives. Date and time stamp makes locating and viewing a specific dive quick and easy .
- History Mode: History Mode displays accumulative information for up to 9999 dives, 9999 dive hours and the maximum depth achieved. History information is maintained indefinitely, even if the battery is replaced .
- Optional ACI® PC Download and Settings Upload Interface: AERIS' Manta ACI PC Interface is an exquisitely detailed digital dive log. ACI allows you to easily transfer dive data from your Manta to your PC via a plug-in USB cable. Following download, your dive data is automatically formatted for easy viewing, sorting, analysis, and printing. Enter location, dive buddy and your notes and you've instantly created your own digital logbook.
- In addition to detailed dive analysis, the Manta ACI PC Interface also allows you to quickly and easily set most of your user settings and options through your PC
- Gauge Mode: Divers using advanced breathing gas may utilize the Manta as an advanced air integrated digital depth gauge and bottom timer with detailed PC Interface.
- Split Set Mode Access: To make easy work of customizing your Manta, our user settings and options are organized in one of three set mode menus. Set F (FO2) includes all Nitrox settings. Set A (Alarms) allows you to activate and customize all audible alarms. Set U (Utilities) includes units of measurement, PC sampling rate, and conservative factor settings.
- USER SETTINGS AND OPTIONS
- Air or Nitrox: The Manta acts simply as an 'Air' computer until you tell it otherwise, whether that is this weekend or 2 years down the road. As your training and experience grow, the Manta is designed to grow with you, being easily programmed for Nitrox mixtures from 21% to 50%.
- FO2 50% Default On/Off: Following a Nitrox dive, many dive computers calculate your next dive based on a "worse-case scenario", mix of 50% Oxygen and 79% Nitrogen should you forget to reset your actual mix. With FO2 50% Default OFF, your mix remains at the original set point until you change it again.
- Mode Selection: Activate Digital Gauge Mode for dives conducted beyond the limits of the Air/Nitrox computer, Free Dive Mode or NORM Mode for Air or Nitrox dives.
- Audible Alarm and Flashing LED Warning Light On/Off: You may choose to deactivate all audible and LED alarms.
- Maximum Depth Alarm: The Maximum Depth Alarm provides an audible warning upon reaching your planned maximum depth. This is an important safety feature for deeper dives or less experienced divers, and it comes in handy for rebreather diving where you can pre-set another level of safety.
- Elapsed Dive Time Alarm: You're on a boat trip and the captain says, "Dive your own profiles, but be back in an hour - we're having lunch!" Just set your Manta to alert you when your elapsed dive time reaches one hour.
- Nitrogen Tissue Loading Bar Graph Alarm: AERIS' trademark nitrogen bar graph design provides the ultimate user-adjustable computer. Want to be a bit more cautious? Make it a personal rule to never enter into the caution zone, or stay one pixel away, or - you get the point. Now you can program the Manta to do it for you. Set it once and let your computer alert you when your bar graph reaches a pre-determined level.
- Dive Time Remaining Alarm: Dive Time Remaining provides a 'real' number in minutes. This calculation considers both Nitrogen and Oxygen absorption, displaying whichever allows less time. With this unique Manta feature, you are able to program an audible alarm to alert you upon reaching a pre-set number in minutes.
- Maximum PO2 Level Alarm (Nitrox): When diving Nitrox, do you prefer your maximum PO2 exposure to be 1.2 ATA? 1.6 ATA? Depending on where you learned and your own personal comfort zone, the answer may be very different from diver to diver. The Manta lets you set your own limit. Program an audible alarm to sound at the level that you prefer.
- Water Activation On/Off: The Manta automatically enters Dive Mode when the water contacts are wet, and the unit is submerged past 4 feet. To avoid this when swimming or enjoying other water sports, simply set Water Activation Off.
- Units of Measurement: Choose between Metric and Imperial settings for date, temperature, depth and pressure.
- Automatic Safety Stop Prompt with Adjustable Depth and Time: Set the Automatic Safety Stop Prompt On or Off. Set the Stop Depth to 10, 15 or 20 feet and the Stop Time to 3 or 5 minutes.
- Personal Conservative Factor: Set the Conservative Factor On to further reduce your exposure to decompression sickness.
- Backlight Duration: Would you like the backlight to shut off as soon as you release the button? Would you rather it remain on for 0, 5, or 10 seconds? We don't need to make these decisions for you; it's your choice.
- PC Interface Sampling Rate: You have the option to choose at which rate the Manta samples and stores data for later download to your PC. More frequent sampling will provide extreme detail of your dive profiles with limited storage capacity.
Specs and details are too numerous to list in one ad. To see all the information on this computer go to