Adventures in Diving (Advanced Open Water Diver)
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences
What Qualifications Do I Need to Start?
- Open Water Diver Certification
- Be at least 15 years old, 12 years old for PADI Jr. Adv OW*
*A PADI Jr. Advanced Open Water Diver has some restrictions Call for pricing.
What you will learn?
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver in all about dive adventure:
- Through the Knowledge Development (online or home study) you will understand the principles of the adventure dives you choose
- Deep Diver & Navigation Diver
- 3 other Adventure Dives from the list below:
- Boat Dive
- Dry Suit Dive
- Enriched Air Nitrox Dive
- Night Dive
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Search and Recovery Dive
- Underwater Naturalist
- A.W.A.R.E Fish ID Dive
- Wreck Dive
How long will it take?
The course is usually done in one weekend
- 3 dives on Saturday, 2 morning and one night
- 2 dives from a local dive boat on Sunday
What Diving Equipment Will I Need?
- All personal gear and a full scuba set up, including a compass.
- An audible and visual signaling devise
- A safety sausage/float & finger spool
- Divers Tool (knife, cutting device)
- Students are responsible for Personal Gear which consists of Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Booties and Gloves.
- Rental gear is available at 25% off for duration of the class.
What Materials Will I Need?
- PADI Adventures in Diving Book
- Log Book
- Student Record Folder
What does it Cost?
- Class Tuition - $199
- Book Crew Pak - $44.95
- Student Record folder - $4.95 (unless one already on file with HOS)
- Certification Card Processing - $32.95
- Boat Dives - Usually around $114 for a 3 tank boat dive
Your Next Adventure
After completing the Adventures in Diving course, increase your diving skills and explore new underwater environments by taking the Rescue Diver Course.