Digital Underwater Photography
Underwater photography is one of the most popular diving specialties, and the rise of digital underwater photography has made it easier and more fun than ever. This is why there are actually two PADI underwater photography courses. The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course gets you going quickly with today modern digital equipment, whether you use a point-and-shoot snap camera or a sophisticated D-SLR like the pros. The PADI Underwater Photographer course is a more traditional photography course designed for conventional film equipment.
The Fun Part
It's a great way to relive the adventures you've had. Plus capture images to share with your friends and family.
What You Learn
- How to choose the right underwater camera system for you
- The PADI SEA method for getting great shots quickly
- The three primary principles for good underwater photos
What do I need to start?
- Minimum age: 10
- Prerequisites: Open Water Diver (or equivalent)
How long does it take?
- One evening for class and one day of diving (two dives)
- Optional Night Dive on separate day.
What does it cost?
- $199 - Tuition
- $59.95 - Underwater Photographer Crew Pak *
- $37.95 - Certification Card & Processing
- $5.95 - Student Record Folder (unless on file with shop)
Your Next Adventure
Two excellent specialties to pair with underwater photography are the PADI Enriched Air Diver course, and the PADI Dry Suit Diver course on your way to PADI Master Scuba Diver.
You may also find the Peak Performance Buoyancy course gives you helpful tips to optimize your weighting and skills so you'll be in better position to capture that perfect picture.
*Price if purchased in conjunction with course and attended in San Diego through House of Scuba