EFR (Emergency First Responder) Instructor
CPR and first aid are important skills that in high demand. As an Emergency First Response Instructor, you can teach these skills to anyone.
The Fun Part
Teach CPR and first aid to others so they can be prepared for an emergency.
What You Learn
Gain experience in how to structure learning, the requirements of performance-based training and your role as the instructor in the learning environment for teaching CPR and first aid. You also learn how to motivate students, evaluate student knowledge, present course content effectively, become proficient in developing students' hands-on skills practice sessions, and are taught how to present an effective scenario-based learning experience.
What You Can Teach
Learn how to conduct the Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Emergency First Response Secondary Care (first aid) courses. You also learn to conduct the recommended Automated External Defibrillator (AED), emergency oxygen and conscious choking management skills.
Learning Materials You Need
The EFR Instructor Start-up kit (product no. 60215) includes a complete set of instructional materials for each of the EFR courses. The specially-priced pack includes:
- Student manuals for Primary Secondary Care, Care for Children, and CPR/AED
- Student DVDs for Primary Secondary Care, Care for Children, and CPR/AED
- Instructor guides for Primary Secondary Care, Care for Children, and CPR/AED
- Student exams for Primary Secondary Care and Care for Children
- Bandage pack
- Care-at-a-Glance Card
- Marketing kit
- Red EFR duffel bag
To purchase this product at special pricing for the course, contact House of Scuba
Prerequisites - what do I need to start?
- Have successfully completed a sanctioned course in adult CPR and child/infant CPR and basic first aid within the past 24 months.
- be at least 18 years old
How long will it take?
- This depends on the size of the class. Usually 2 full days, but if class is small one full day and morning session on day 2.
What does it cost?
- Tuition - $275
- Materials - $179.99 (Instructor Starter Kit)
- Application Fee - Call House of Scuba for current cost