Navigation Diver Course
Be the diver everyone wants to follow and make your sense of direction legendary with the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course.
The Fun Part
Finding your way is not a matter of luck! When everyone’s buzzing about a reef or checking out a shipwreck, they’re having a great time - until it’s time to go. Then they turn to you, because as a PADI Underwater Navigator, you know the way back to the boat.
What You Learn
Underwater navigation can be challenging, but in the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course, you master the challenge. You learn the tools of the trade, including navigation via natural clues and by compass.
- Navigation patterns
- Natural navigation (without a compass)
- Compass navigation
- How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- How to follow irregular courses with the Nav-Finder
- Dive site relocation
- How to estimate distance underwater
What do I need to start?
- Minimum Age: 10
- Prerequisite: Open Water Diver or equivalent rating
- Materials: Navigation Diver Crew-Pak
How long will it take?
- The Navigation Diver Specialty is 3 ocean dives done on a Saturday and Sunday.
What does it cost?
- $150 - Tuition $199 for the three dive course
- $79.95 - Navigation Crew-Pak*
- $37.95 - Cert Card & Processing
- $5.95 - Student Record Folder (unless one on file with shop)
You must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- At least10 years old
- Number of Dives Required: 3
Your Next Adventure
Underwater navigation is an important skill no matter what type of scuba diving you’re doing. It’s especially useful when night diving, wreck diving or when you’re searching to recover a lost item underwater.
*Price if purchased in conjunction with course and attended in San Diego through House of Scuba