Our Price: $55.45
Our Price: $54.99
Our Price: $149.99
Be a Better Diver
“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges presented in the training and then mastering how to deal with them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end often say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
What Qualifications Do I Need to Start?
- Be 12 years old or older
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have current First aid and CPR within the previous two years
What you will learn?
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- Responding to distressed and panic divers from shore
How long will it take?
The course is completed over two consecutive weekends
- 1st Saturday: Classroom (Knowledge Development, Final Exam, CPR/1st Aid Review)
- 1st Sunday: Pool (Self Rescue Exercises and Confined Water Exercises)
- 2nd Saturday: Confined Open Water(Rescue Evaluations)
- 2nd Sunday: Open Water (Rescue Evaluations)
- If you need First Aid and CPR we offer a class the Thursday night before the Rescue Course.
What Diving Equipment Will I Need?
- All personal gear and a full scuba set-up, including a compass.
- An audible and visual signaling devise
- A safety sausage/float & finger spool
- Students are responsible for Personal Gear which consists of Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Booties and Gloves.
- Rental gear is available at 25% off for duration of the class.
What Materials Will I Need?
- PADI Rescue Diver Book & Slate
- Pocket Mask
- Log Book
- Student Record Folder
What does it Cost?
- Class Tuition - $249.00
- Course Materials - $59.95
- Student Record folder - $5.95 (unless one already on file with HOS)
- Certification Card Processing - $37.95
- Required equipment for the course: finger reel, SMB and the pocket mask at reduced retail rate of $44.40
Your Next Adventure
After completing CPR and first aid and the PADI Rescue Diver course, you should take the PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider course. Together these three courses round out your ability to handle scuba diver emergencies.