San Diego Scuba Diving Equipment Rental
At House of Scuba we provide our customers with the newest, state of the art diving equipment to maximize their safety and enjoyment! We service our rental gear in-house to ensure it is maintained in perfect working condition. It is our policy to retain rental equipment in the rental fleet for no more than two years, after which we service and resell the equipment in our Boneyard area.
We have the largest selection of men's and women's wetsuits of any dive shop in San Diego; we offer weight integrated buoyancy compensators, 80 CF HP and 100 CF HP Steel Tanks, 63 CF and 80 CF aluminum tanks; and we can provide you with any other accessories you may need to maximize your dive enjoyment.
House of Scuba - San Diego Scuba Rentals Rates
|ITEM||1st Day||Every Day After**|
|Hood - SuperStretch||$5.00||$4.00|
|Weight Belt & Weights (soft or hard)||$10.00||$8.00|
|Tank 63, 80 - Aluminum||$10.00||$7.00|
|Henderson Thermoprene 7mm full wetsuit||$17.00||$16.00|
|BCD - weight integrated||$17.00||$15.00|
|Regulator w/ Gauge & Compass||$20.00||$16.00|
|Regulator w/ Computer & Compass||$25.00||$18.00|
|Steel HP 80 Tank with converter valve||$15.00||$15.00|
|Steel HP 100 Tank with converter valve||$17.00||$17.00|
|Nitrox Aluminum 63 or 80 Tank with converter valve||$19.00||$17.00|
|Nitrox Steel HP 80 Tank with converter valve||$29.00||$27.00|
|Nitrox Steel HP 100 Tank with converter valve||$29.00||$27.00|
|Package Rates (1 each of above items *)|
|Rental Card - 5 Days of Rental ($195 - $39/day)||$39.00||$39.00|
|* Package rates include only one Regulator set and are based on Aluminum tank rate - can pay the price difference to upgrade to a HP Steel tank|
|Mask & Snorkel||$9.00||$7.00|
|Carbon Fiber Freediving Fins||$25.00||$20.00|
|LED Primary Light||$12.00||$10.00|
** "Every Day After" rates are for prepaid consecutive rental days and do not apply to multiple single-day rentals.
House of Scuba Rental Policies:
- Gear needs to be returned the following day no later than 1 hour before close of business (current gear return cutoff times are: 5:00 pm M-F, 4:00 pm Sat & Sun)
- Multiple Day Rentals are available upon request - see shop for details
- We offer "Rental Cards": Rental cards are 5 days of our package gear (wetsuit, hood, weights, bcd, regulator set up, & a tank) at a discounted price. These 5 days of rental can be used as a block, individually, or any combination of these. Great way to save money!
- If rental gear is not returned the following business day 1 hour before close of business, an additional day of rental fees will be assessed for each additional day
- Rental requires a valid photo I.D. (Driver's License or Passport), as well as a Scuba Diving Certification Card
- Required Safety Deposit (Cash or Credit Card), ask store for details
- Rental fees must be paid at time of pickup
- If possible, please try to start the rental process at least 1 hour before close of business. It takes time to fit and put together your custom rental package
- No refunds or credits are issued for unused rental gear
- Please check rental gear and tanks before leaving the shop
- Renter accepts full responsibility for any loss or damage of rental gear and will be charged replacement or repair cost
- Rinse all rental gear prior to return to House of Scuba. Customers returning equipment not adequately cleaned will be charged a cleaning fee of $10.00 per set
- Rental time extension requires prior approval. Please contact us before extending rental time
- Tanks must be returned with at least 300 psi. Tanks with less than 300 psi will require a visual inspection at a charge of $6.00 per tank
- Rental Cards can only be used by the one person who the card is issued to and can only be used for one scuba package rental per day
We offer the following additional tank services: hydro testing, visual inspection, tumbling, and valve repair. Please contact us for pricing and time frames.
(all fill rates are per tank and based on max capacity of 120 cu ft tank and max psi of 3500 - we do fill other custom size tanks but rates vary)
$7.50 for a single fill
$5.90 per fill with purchase of a $59.00 10-fill card
$5.75 per fill with purchase of a $287.50 50-fill card
$5.50 per fill with purchase of a $550.00 100-fill card
$15.00 for a single nitrox fill
$13.00 per nitrox fill with purchase of a $130.00 10-fill card
$15 for SCBA fill above 4200 psi (less than 100 cu ft)
$15 for paintball tank fill above 4200 psi (less than 100 cu ft)
Please contact us for other custom fill options.
Visit Our San Diego Scuba Diving Rental Shop
To request further information, call us at 1-858-581-2800 or email us at .