What Qualifications Do I Need to Start?
- Virtually anyone can learn to scuba dive!
- You will need to sign up for the class and answer some basic questions.
- Moderate comfort in water. You will be required to swim 200 yrds and do a tread/float for 10 minutes.
- If you are reasonably fit and healthy we'll get you diving!
- If you are under the age of 15 you can earn a Jr. Open Water Certification*!
*A PADI Jr. Open Water Diver between the ages of 10 and 11 years may only dive with a PADI Professional, a certified parent or certified guardian to a maximum depth of 12 meters/40 feet and have special pricing due to limited size of classes. Call for pricing.
What will you learn?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water (Pool) Dives to learn basic scuba skills and master them
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore the amazing underwater world!
How long will it take?
Currently House of Scuba offers the two-weekend PADI scuba training. This is reliant on the student completing the online elearning section before the first classroom session.
- The Two Weekend Class Format - consists of 2 consecutive weekends:
- Weekend One - Friday orientation from 5:00pm to 7:00pm classroom, Saturday and Sunday mornings are pool sessions.
- Weekend Two - Consists of 2 dives on each day Saturday and Sunday and the final certification session at the shop.
- Please note: We will do everything possible to adhere to the posted schedule, but at times it may need to be adjusted. Your Instructor will keep you informed if any such matters arise.
What Scuba Diving Equipment Will I Need?
- Students are responsible for Personal Gear which consists of Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Booties and Gloves.
- All other required gear is supplied by House of Scuba and is included as part of the Open Water Class
What Materials Will I Need?
- PADI Open Water E-learning Crew-Pak
- Diver Planning Slate
- Personal Gear
- A sense of adventure!
What does it Cost?
- Class Tuition - Contact us for pricing
- Padi log book- $19.95
- PADI elearning pass, record folder and certification fees- $198.95
- Personal Gear prices vary dependent on brand, you are responsible for providing the personal equipment this includes mask, snorkel, boots, gloves and fins. We have a wide range of these items in stock, a set of equipment can range from $200 to $500, we offer the best pricing on scuba equipment and will price match any advertised price.
- Rental of: super stretch wetsuit, hood, weight integrated BCD, regulator, octopus, computer, tank, soft weights, weight bag, and gear bag (we rent this package for $75 for the duration of entire open water class)
- Once the class is successfully completed, the PADI required certification card will need to be purchased. Our discounted price for this certification card is $32.95
- Remember, House of Scuba guarantees best pricing on all gear!
Once you are PADI Scuba Certified
Your PADI certification lasts a lifetime and you will be able to dive independent of an instructor or dive professional to a depth of up to 60' with a buddy.
Your Next Adventure
After completing the PADI Open Water course, increase your diving skills and explore new underwater environments by taking the Advanced Open Water Course.
Already Have Your Open Water Diver Certification?
Increase your confidence and diving skills by taking our Peak Performance Buoyancy Course or any number of other exciting Specialties.
Are you ready to experience one of the most adventurous activities possible? Submit the form below or give us a call at 858-581-2800 and ask to speak with one of our Scuba Instructors!